The newly developed Einmessautomatik with MultEQ XT provides a more precise adaptation to the speaker configuration used and the premises. It detects how many speakers are connected to the amplifier, and whether it is from these speakers to full-range speaker, satellites or subwoofers. If at least one subwoofer is connected, Audyssey MultEQ XT provides the optimum crossover frequency between the satellite and / or the subwoofer (s). The polarity of each speaker is verified and the user will be warned if any speaker out of phase to the other speakers. The distance between each speaker and the main listening position is measured and the delays are set so that the sound from each speaker arrives simultaneously with the other sounds at the listening position. Lastly, Audyssey MultEQ XT to the playback level of each speaker and adjust the volume so that the levels are the same everywhere.
After a precise measurement of the interaction of the individual speakers, the room correction is done. As each area changes in the frequency response of each speaker produced that differ greatly from seat to seat, it is important to measure each loudspeaker at several locations within the listening area. This should be done even with only one listener. The measurement at only one location is not representative of the acoustical problems inside the room and in most cases leads to a deterioration in overall performance. With Audyssey MultEQ XT is a unique technology that provides a room correction for multiple listeners in a large listening area. This is achieved in that the different points of space to the data collected by the various speakers combined, and finally a correction is made for which the acoustic effects minimized the room and adjusts the frequency resolution of human perception. In addition, MultEQ XT is correct on both the frequency as applied to the time periods in order to avoid artifacts in the correction.
The unique benefits of Audyssey MultEQ XT at a glance:
1. Room correction works thanks to Multipoint Measurement not only to a point, but equalizes an entire listening area.
2. Use of FIR filters with dynamic frequency allocation allows equalization of the frequency response down to 20 Hz.
3. Also equalizes the frequency response of the active subwoofer (with AVC-A1XV, A1XVA AVC, AVC-and AVP-A1HD A1HD up to 3 Subs).
4. Corrections are likely in the frequency with no negative impact on the time range (parametric and graphic EQs with IIR filters to Ringing).
5. MultEQ XT corrected in contrast to parametric and graphic EQs also problems in the time domain (phase, reflections).